Edmund Connelly: Pastor Baldwin Moving to the Northwest

Edmund Connelly: I was pleased today to read on VDARE the announcement from Pastor Chuck Baldwin revealing that he was leaving Pensacola, FL, and moving to western Montana. And he’s not going alone. In total, there will be seventeen people from his extended family, including children.

Pastor Baldwin called his announcement The Hardest Decision Of My Life—Joining The “Freedom Rush” To Montana. There are two things I noticed immediately. First, it struck me that this is an instance of the the implicit Whiteness Kevin MacDonald has discussed. Baldwin is a Christian and does not mention race in his column. Still, it is hard to escape the fact that he’s leaving a metropolitan area that is about 30% black and moving to an almost exclusively White part of the country.

More stunning to me is the fact that he’s moving to the American Northwest. I’ve become interested in the ideas and novels of Harold Covington since reading a wonderful introduction called The Birth of a Nation (See also this review By Michael O’Meara.) And Covington is interested in the Northwest.

In essence, Covington argues that in order to save the White race, racially conscious Whites must move to the Northwest, then fight for their freedom from what he calls “ZOG, the Zionist Occupation Government.” Interestingly, the borders of this envisioned “homeland” include the very area to which Pastor Baldwin and his family are moving.

There is nothing in Baldwin’s column that even hints at espousal of Covington’s Northwest plan, but it sure seems ironic that such a patriotic preacher would be following Covington’s migration call to the letter. Perhaps it’s just that both men see similar merits in moving to such a region. More darkly, perhaps they both see similar threats in remaining outside a uniformly White region.

For those interested, here is Covington’s Northwest website. Information on his four Northwest novels can be found here.

Of the four novels, the 735-page “The Brigade” is by far the best. But because it’s so long, I’d recommend starting with either “A Mighty Fortress” or “A Distant Thunder.”

Keeping up with changing technologies, Covington also gives a weekly broadcast. I think it is useful to hear his voice as he strikes me as a genuine leader.

I wish Pastor Baldwin and his family all the luck in the world. And I hope he’ll keep us apprised of life in his new land.

35 Comments to "Edmund Connelly: Pastor Baldwin Moving to the Northwest"

1. Spooky's Gravatar Spooky
    September 3, 2010 - 11:20 am | Permalink

Can’t wait till he gets here. Just what the “movement” needs – more Protestant Jew ministers espousing the same old b.s. all over again. The US is a failed state based on implicitly flawed ideals. Our only saving grace was there was room to get the hell away and be left alone if you didn’t like it. Now that there is nowhere to run we must turn and look with a critical eye at the ideals that spawned this beast. Protestant, Jewish, Freemasonic majic crap. Baldwin and his ilk are convinced our founders would be rolling in their graves at our current state of affairs. Some, perhaps. But most I believe would be people like George Bush and Barack Obama. New World Order to the core. I’m not impressed with Baldwin. At all.

2. FeminizedWesternMale's Gravatar FeminizedWesternMale
    September 3, 2010 - 11:42 am | Permalink

Spooky: I’d estimate that attitudes like yours are much more damaging to our future than anything coming out of Pastor Baldwin. You’ve completely embraced the “culture of critique,” are unaware of it, and have the hubris to call others Jews. With such magnetism, is it any wonder whites are in such disarray?

Mike

3. Spooky's Gravatar Spooky
    September 3, 2010 - 12:03 pm | Permalink

Interesting thought, Mike. But it’s not me leading anyone, let alone leading whites. So it’s rather disingenuous to blame me for their disarray now, isn’t it? It’s people exactly like Pastor Baldwin. Like the founders, they sowed the wind and their posterity is reaping the whirlwind. I’d simply rather not have that happen all over again.

It seems to me you feel that anyone that looks at the founding ideals and the current memes and sees a direct connection is engaging in the culture of critiqe. Well, so be it. I call ‘em as I see ‘em.

4. Tom's Gravatar Tom
    September 3, 2010 - 12:30 pm | Permalink

Baldwin isn’t a political virgin. His move to Montana means that he will be a big fish in a small pond. The population of Montana is less than a million of whom around 90% plus are White. Contrast that with Florida that has a population of 18.5 million of whom maybe 50% are White.

Montana escapism isn’t for me, but, it makes political sense for Baldwin—who may want to finish his political career in Montana?

5. Jim's Gravatar Jim
    September 3, 2010 - 12:53 pm | Permalink

I completely understand the motivation of this gentleman in making the move to Montana, and I wish him the best. I think it’s safe to say, however, Florida needs him more than Montana does.

6. Jack's Gravatar Jack
    September 3, 2010 - 1:59 pm | Permalink

A case of implicit whiteness? Possibly. A fundamentalist moron? Definitely.

White Nationalists are doing the same thing the MSM does. They’re only associating Whiteness with crazy fundamentalist liberty freaks like Chuck Baldwin.

7. Ionut's Gravatar Ionut
    September 3, 2010 - 2:37 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the link to Covington’s podcast.
    I’ve already listened to two of his transmissions.

Good stuff! :D

8. Zeitgeist's Gravatar Zeitgeist
    September 3, 2010 - 4:08 pm | Permalink

I’d love to move to Montana or another similar area of the USA away from the increasingly multiracial coastal states – almost 100% White, MUCH cleaner environment, cleaner water and air, endless wilderness to explore, more time to think and reflect, less rushed lifestyle, good place to raise a family.

Anyone have any tips on relocating to such a place? Jobs, networking, etc?

9. Zeitgeist's Gravatar Zeitgeist
    September 3, 2010 - 4:30 pm | Permalink

“I think it’s safe to say, however, Florida needs him more than Montana does.”

Whites do not and cannot thrive in such southerly latitudes such as those found in Florida, Southern Cali, much of the Southwest, and the Deep South.

About the furthest south that Whites can live and thrive is the 32nd north latitude, and even that may be pushing it – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/32nd_parallel_north – note that the 32nd latitude correlates in the USA roughly with the city of San Diego and all points east: anything south of that line is pretty much off limits for Whites during the summer months, though I suppose Whites could do alright there in the cooler seasons – maybe keep a winter home in far southern latitudes.

Anything below that line and the solar/UV radiation is just too much for many Whites to handle, and they flounder since strong UV radiation passes straight through skin, bone, and everything. Too much combined heat, humidity, and UV radiation interrupts White/European breeding patterns and causes numerous health problems; read THE EFFECT OF TROPICAL LIGHT ON WHITE MEN – http://www.archive.org/details/effectstropical00woodgoog – Whites did not evolve in far southern environments, and too much UV radiation such as is found in those places actually damages your DNA: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1613229/pdf/zpq15877.pdf – the more light skinned you are the worse it damages your DNA.

So unless you want to be a virtual prisoner indoors during the entire summer, you need to take your White family to more northerly latitudes.

10. Spooky's Gravatar Spooky
    September 3, 2010 - 4:35 pm | Permalink

Want to make a million bucks in Montana? Come with two million.

11. September 3, 2010 - 6:31 pm | Permalink

Zeitgeist wrote: “Whites do not and cannot thrive in such southerly latitudes.”

12. Randy's Gravatar Randy
    September 3, 2010 - 7:28 pm | Permalink

“Of the four novels, the 735-page “The Brigade” is by far the best.”

Actually all 4 of the novel are very good. The Brigade is probably the best. Read all of them. My question is, where’s the 5th!

13. eurodele's Gravatar eurodele
    September 4, 2010 - 7:20 am | Permalink

Pastor Balwin had better be careful. Montana politics are strongly influenced by the two state universities, MSU and U of M, both NWO pissholes attempting to emulate their big brothas in the Ivy League when it comes to cranking out dutiful little myrmidons for cultural Marxism.

Around 1980 or so, western Montana was “discovered” by California yuppies fond of mountain scenery and desperate to put some distance between themselves and the PC cesspit of California, which they had of course helped to ruin. Early “pioneers” included such Hollyweird luminaries as as director Sam Peckinpah, the Fonda kids (Peter and Hanoi Jane), Ted Turner, Alec Baldwin, and tempestuous convicted mudshark Kim Bassinger. Now western Montana is overrun with them, causing a boom in the legal profession due to their penchant for suing each other and the astonished locals over trifles. Oh, joy!

In the process of taking Montana down the trail to New Californiastan, these mostly liberal artsy-fartsy CA yuppies managed to jack the real estate prices up to the point at which you can buy 100-250 beautiful acres in certain parts of the midwest, complete with a couple of 1-acre ponds, for the price of one acre of scruffy, rocky land transected by a 4-foot wide creek in western Montana. (That’s why I live in the Midwest now.)

Add to that the fact that Montana offers you about 3.5 decent growing months out of the year and a subarctic freezer for most of the rest, and no employment to speak of but menial services to the aforementioned self-entitled yuppies, and it becomes clear that one needs to devote a bit of serious thought to alternative settings…unless one is independently wealthy, fond of winter sports, and plans to hire any help he needs from Montana’s small but growing population of (yeah, that’s right) Mexicans.

14. FeminizedWesternMale's Gravatar FeminizedWesternMale
    September 4, 2010 - 8:40 am | Permalink

Ionut: Agree. Mr. Covington is clearly very intelligent, and well-spoken. Imagine a Beck-sized crowd of white people hearing his most recent podcast.

Mike

15. September 4, 2010 - 8:47 am | Permalink

Zeitgeist wrote: “Whites do not and cannot thrive in such southerly latitudes.”

E. Connelly wrote: “Interesting. I thought it was only me personally, but I cannot abide hot climates. I was in Hawaii for a few years and suffered from half an hour after sunrise all the way until sunset. Even though I covered myself, I was very uncomfortable — and unhappy. Perhaps you have simply pointed out something obvious–but forgotten. Thank you.”

What they said. On my blog, I have frequently pointed out, whenever a new survey, say, comes out, that even liberals and One Worlders inevitably identify Good Countries [Scandinavia, Switzerland, Netherlands, Canada etc.] Good States [Minnesota, Vermont] and Good Cities [Minneapolis, Burlington, etc.] to live in with White areas. And as you point out, those White homelands are in the North.

The South was established as a penal colony for England. Places like AL and MS were literally considered Hell on Earth. As for the Mexican territory, that was just a stinking desert.

Since it was too hot to work, the planters brought over African slaves, thus creating, de novo, our “racial problem.” Then some imperialist idiots stole/bought the SouthWest in the name of “Manifest Destiny”, creating our Hispanic problem.

With the invention of air conditioning, Whites moved into the stinking desert and pestilential swamp; I can’t help but notice that the take over of the Republican or Conservative movement by these air-cooled Whites has represented a steady decline. From great NorthEasterners like Bush I to his idiot children in TX and FL [and their "brown babies"] who plan to escape to Venezuela, now to Glenn Beck and his march for nothing [except to promote MLK and open borders].

Needless to say, just like air conditioning, these “libertarians” couldn’t find a job in such hellholes without massive Federal subsidies, including the military [hello, Houston and Area 54!] which in turn necessitates our global wars, which JUST HAPPEN to coincide with the NeoCons plans. And why not; as Michael Lind pointed out, Bush and Sharon are both claim jumping ranchers sitting around with air conditioning, stolen water and stolen land.

Solution to the “immigration problem”: Give back the stolen land [liberals can't argue with that, can they?] Oh, and they can keep McVain.

“I can’t function in this climate; my blood is too thick” — Hunter Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. In his next book, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail, he diagnoses Wallace’s supporters as descendants of “transported convicts driven crazy by the heat.”

16. September 4, 2010 - 9:24 am | Permalink

Longtime White activist April Gaede moved from California to Kalispell MT a few years ago, she is the mom of Prussian Blue singing duo.
    Maury Povich and Connie Chung, who he married after doing his duty and producing 2 Jewish genetic children with a Jewish woman, moved to that area of MT also. In fact Jews have been buying up real estate in Wyoming, Utah etc, this way they can flee what they’ve created when necessary, that or move to Israel or China, Ehud Olmert’s grandparents birthplace.

Meanwhile in the Pacific Northwest

17. September 4, 2010 - 9:31 am | Permalink

As to climate, I would tend to agree however Whites CAN thrive anywhere.
    South Africa and SW Africa as well as Rhodesia were pleasant places when Whites ran them, even Kenya.

A Warning For America From South Africa (2004)

18. Matthias's Gravatar Matthias
    September 4, 2010 - 10:11 am | Permalink

Rubbish. Perhaps that majestic 1st World continent escaped your attention. Australia. Ever heard of it?

19. torgrim's Gravatar torgrim
    September 4, 2010 - 10:23 am | Permalink

If you are looking for land prices that are not jacked up by the Hollywood yuppies and wannabes, stay away from Kalispell, Mt., Sisters Oregon, Mt. Hood, Oregon, Sandpoint, Idaho, Nelson, British Columbia, for that matter.
    They all have that So. Cal. feel, posh shops that line the old store fronts, where once they sold real goods. Now you see, “urban assault” vehicles, pickups that never see a cargo load, lining the streets in front of these ersatz, western stores and transplanted New Yorkers/West LA, “cowboys”.

I have to add that after many years working out in the sun, building, I will not live/work, where the palm tree grows…It wears on me, the constant heat and burning sun. Maybe if I just laid under a shade tree on Maui it would be different, but working, building there, no way, never again.

Good to read that others have experienced and concluded the same opinion as to living in the “stinking desert”, or a” pestilential swamp”.

20. Barkingmad's Gravatar Barkingmad
    September 4, 2010 - 11:06 am | Permalink

And living in colder places is no good for dark skinned people. They have a higher-than-normal rate of Vitamin D deficiency diseases.

21. Mad Czech's Gravatar Mad Czech
    September 4, 2010 - 6:03 pm | Permalink

Matthias is correct. And I’ve never had problems living and working in Florida and then California. None. But the majority of the dark skinned folks seem to have problems working anywhere, lol.

22. RF's Gravatar RF
    September 5, 2010 - 8:58 am | Permalink

Hear, hear!

“For years, people have been asking me, “Chuck, what can we do?” Well, this is what God has led my family and me to do. We are convinced that the only way freedom has a chance to survive in these States united is to recapture the spirit of liberty—one State at a time. (To continue to focus on Washington, D.C., is a waste of time and energy!) And God has led us to the conclusion that Montana (and nearby states) is the place where freedom-minded patriots have a fighting chance to prevail.”

Note that thing – “And God has led us to the conclusion that Montana (and nearby states)”

It comes to me that we indeed may be acquainted with that “god”.

23. Praxis's Gravatar Praxis
    September 5, 2010 - 9:39 am | Permalink

The Northwest has land and water, so what’s not to like? The shorter growing season? Crop planning and season extension techniques are part of the solution. No jobs? Build resilient, collaborating, off-grid intentional communities (http://factorefarm.org/). The “small but growing population of Mexicans” imported by Big Ranching and the churches? Politically organize the old timers and new communities against the ranchers and big churches. Cold weather and leftist U of M-types? Then stay in sunny southern California and learn to embrace its diversity.

24. Praxis's Gravatar Praxis
    September 5, 2010 - 10:12 am | Permalink

Functional white families dependent upon the system simply can’t practice explicit whiteness. Pastor Baldwin’s income is dependent upon his church retaining its 501(c) tax status. Unless one is willing to endure endless invasions of privacy, an E-Z 501(c) -derived income effectively blocks the advocacy of whiteness.

25. Jim's Gravatar Jim
    September 5, 2010 - 11:15 am | Permalink

Zeitgeist,
    While I agree that cooler climates may better suite whites, my comment about Florida needing Baldwin more than Montana does was in a social context (as you were probably aware.)

As those areas (like Florida) become more non-white, whites leaving to escape the onslaught tips the political balance, and non-whites gain political power. In other words, more non-white representatives in Congress, not to mention locally.

When whites pack up and leave an area en masse due to other groups moving in, it reminds me of what the Celts did in Britain in the fourth century when the Angles came (move to Wales), or what the Angles did when the Vikings came in the 10th century (head south.) It’s the strategy of a defeated people.

26. eurodele's Gravatar eurodele
    September 5, 2010 - 12:20 pm | Permalink

“Cold weather and leftist U of M-types? Then stay in sunny southern California and learn to embrace its diversity.”

No doubt, but better get ready. Forewarned is forearmed.

27. Praxis's Gravatar Praxis
    September 5, 2010 - 7:02 pm | Permalink

“No doubt, but better get ready. Forewarned is forearmed.” -Eurodele

There is no forearming in sunny, southern California. Learn to embrace and love its diversity or get out and create a community of like-minded individuals, preferably comprised of one’s family and lifelong friends.

28. eurodele's Gravatar eurodele
    September 5, 2010 - 8:03 pm | Permalink

Actually, I couldn’t agree more.

But the Montana winter is fast closing in. The good Pastor and his flock had best be on guard against the elements, especially after their relaxing sojourn in sunny Pensacola, Florida.

At least these folks’ money will be better spent on parkas than gas masks, which are really what the inhabitants of Pensacola should be wearing these days. Corexit vapor can be hard on the lungs.

Sadly, Montana is considerably more “diversified” than it used to be. But if one avoids Bozeman and Missoula, it’s really not too bad yet.

29. Jupiter's Gravatar Jupiter
    September 6, 2010 - 7:29 am | Permalink

Chuck Baldwin has been completetly silent on the fact that immgration-LEGAL IMMIGRATION-is racially transforming America. I mean there wasn’t even a peep out of him about the H-B and L-1B visa progrmas that allowed predatory LEGAL IMMIGRANTS from Asian to steal jobs and wages from White Americans. Instead all we got from Pastor Baldwin was incessant jibber-jabber about the Constitution-another version of America is an idea nation.

However, his decision to flee hispanic and muslim infested Florida for Montana indcates in a powerfull way that for Pastor Baldwin that the racial composition of America is very important as to where he decides to live…I mean why not live in Newark NJ?

I despise creeps like Chuck Baldwin….and Paul Criag Roberts who clearly has abandoned the battle to shut down the supply of scab labor for the greedy cheating class. No one should have any doubt that at this point in time that Paul Craig Roberts is in the enemy camp….Paul Craig Roberts, I want to take this opportunity to denounce you as a traitor… I accuse you of treason against America!!!!

30. Nightowl's Gravatar Nightowl
    September 6, 2010 - 12:41 pm | Permalink

It’s not the sunlight but the humidity that makes the tropics so unpleasant. From May to August St. Louis gets virtually the same solar intensity that exists in the tropics. The high humidity is what makes it so difficult for large bodied, Europeans to dissipate body heat compared the the skinny, four foot tall natives of South and Southeast Asia perfectly adapted to the heat with a large surface area to small body volume ratio that cools them much more efficiently.

31. Paul Craig Roberts's Gravatar Paul Craig Roberts
    September 6, 2010 - 2:38 pm | Permalink

You’ll pay for that, Jupiter! That was an excessive amount of exclamation points you used in denouncing me as a traitor on an obscure website, and you’re going to get yours, just you wait and see!

32. Jupiter's Gravatar Jupiter
    September 6, 2010 - 4:30 pm | Permalink

Paul

Now the I’ve got your attention, why has legal immigration dropped off your radar screen screen? I do allow you a space to rage against your fellow White Americans for emotional detachment from the crimes of a Goverement that claims to represent their interests in foreign affairs. I do it all the time. But not so large of a space that the rage trransform into the race-replacement enthisiasm of the legal immigrants and transvestite Alexander Cockburn.

People are kept in line by econmic terror. There should be no doubt about this. Post-1965 legal immigration policy has been a policy of vicious economc terror against the White Majority. The labor markets in America have been glutted with post-1965 nonwhite immigrant scab labor and their scab labor nonwhite “American” offspring. Of course, this is a great gift to scum such as Jack Welch who wrote in his bioi about the importance of squezzing labor. No doubt Jack Welch was directly refering to the uppity Native Born White American variety of labor.

The fact of the matter is that since you have been hanging out with the hostile legal immigrant Alexander Cockburn, legal imimgration has dropped off your radar screen. Cockburn has consistently made the case for increasing post 1965 legal immigration on the basis that it is a benefit to corporate interests. He has no shame. But it shouuldn’t be a secret as to what motivates Cockburn. He along with his leftists comrades are waging a vicious race war against the Native Born White Majority. The intent is to reduce the Native Born White Majority to an ever dwindling racial minority within the borders of America surrounded by a hostile nonwhite majority. And since legal immigration has dropped off your radar screen, I can only conlude that you are on board with race replacement.

If I am wrong about this, I will stand corrected. But if you are on board the race replacement program, you shpuld be banned from vdare.com

33. Jupiter's Gravatar Jupiter
    September 6, 2010 - 4:43 pm | Permalink

At this point in time,Peter Brimelow is now jusified in puttng the very big question to you Paul Craig Roberts: Are you now with the treason lobby?

Alexander Cockburn has on several occasions defended the interests of California Agribusiness. You do realize that this is a defense of something dam near close to chattel slavery. No doubt, this creepy legal immigrant from England has a soft spot in his heart for the slave owning legal immigrant Fanjul family-from Cuba- down in the swamps of Southern Florida.

34. Weatherman's Gravatar Weatherman
    September 7, 2010 - 3:21 pm | Permalink

NightOwl – “From May to August St. Louis gets virtually the same solar intensity that exists in the tropics.”

No it doesn’t. In the tropics the sun gets almost directly overhead – the closer you get to equator the higher in the sky the sun gets, so that when you are on the equator the sun is directly overhead during the noontime of the day. This means the solar intensity is much greater since the sun is directly overhead beating down on everything as opposed to it being at an angle as it is when you go further north.

In temperate latitudes like St. Louis the sun doesn’t get up that high in the sky, not even close to being directly overhead. Hence the UV radiation is much, much less in temperate latitudes – also, the earth is tilted much further away from the sun in temperate latitudes, while in the tropics it faces the sun directly in daytime.

Whites didn’t evolve in places with very high UV radiation, and the closer you get to the equator the more intense the solar radiation is. That is why people who evolved in far northern European can exist in places like St. Louis but cannot live in the tropics or anywhere even close.

Also, St. Louis is pretty far south compared to European standards – it is at 38 1/2 degrees north, which in European terms translates to the southern portions of Spain along with Sicily, Greece, etc…that is still pretty far south for people of northern European descent to live.

35. ben tillman's Gravatar ben tillman
    September 7, 2010 - 4:35 pm | Permalink

How much misinformation can you pack into two paragraphs?

1 Trackback to "Edmund Connelly: Pastor Baldwin Moving to the Northwest"

1. on September 3, 2010 at 11:43 am