Tom Sunic, Ph.D.

State of Thuringia
Postfach 90 02 53
99105 Erfurt
Tel. 0049  361 37-900
email: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Ramelow,

As one of the participants at a cultural gathering, organized by the monthly Volk in Bewegung, and held at a fairytale place in the heart of the Harz Mountains, I need to take issue with your decision to dispatch to our venue, at midnight, September 1, 2017, a squadron of riot police. I am writing this letter to you in English, for the simple reason that I intend to inform about this police fiasco some media and government circles in the USA. Apparently, your decision to send the police to the venue was based on your presumption, or better yet on someone’s denunciation, that a dangerous group of people was allegedly preparing an armed uprising in the Harz Mountains. The decision to send the police, however, turned out to be an exercise in the grotesque, worthy of the surreal Harz fairy tale “The Sandman” by the German classic E.T.A Hoffmann.  What the police encountered there were not dangerous right-wing militia,  but basically a quasi-run-down senior citizen home containing approximately 100 guests, mostly septuagenarians and octogenarians in attendance, some in wheelchairs, some with crutches, lots of them in pajamas ( including myself). Many of the conference guests were former German expellees, 1945–50, from ex-communist Eastern Europe.  The police, however, did not find any illegal material — other than some guide dogs for the blind and handicapped, and lots and lots of goats pasturing in the nearby fields — presumably designated for future Antifa goat dancers.

I must commend the police officers on their professionalism. Their faces and gestures, after realizing where they had landed, showed a great deal of embarrassment, with their comments teeming with excuses and apologies. Surely, it must have been a great disappointment for your government not to have spotted a single skinhead, or a single Nibelungen one eyed-Hagen, or a nose-ringed Hollywood Nazi among the conference attendants. I must admit, I was embarrassed by the sincere embarrassment of the police. They let me go back to my bungalow room after 10 minutes, after having taken photos of all of us and after having examined our IDs. I fully understand why there were no media and camera people around — it would have been a huge media fiasco for the Thuringian government for having failed to spot a single Nazi in the Harz woods.

Yes, Mr. Ramelow, the whole nightly scenario reminded me of the police search of our family house back in communist Yugoslavia, back in the 1960’s and the harassment my late father, an ex-Catholic attorney had been regularly subject to by the former Yugoslav communist authorities. (In the early 1980’s he was adopted by the AI and several US senators as a prisoner of conscience).

But Mr. Ramelow, I am also aware of your leftist-antifa past too—and the past of some German leftist RAF (Red Army Faction) terrorists who had enjoyed safe haven in the 1970’s in communist Yugoslavia.  Alas, the wheels of fortune keep spinning forever, as Friedrich Schiller wrote. I saw it first hand, when after the break-up of Yugoslavia, some former communist snitches in the newly born Croatia, in 1991, either committed suicide, or were “suicided.” Well, I guess we don’t need Schiller’s Wallenstein’s periscopes to predict a very non-astral future of Germany. In a grotesque craving for a world certificate of a “nazifrei” Deutschland, Germany’s official doubling-down on the “fight against the right”, won’t help  you get the stigma of Nazism off  your own back.  This fake self-denial in the face of the looming crisis in Germany reminds me much of the late American rock singer Frank Zappa who was very popular in Germany when we were both younger, and who aptly ridiculed in his songs the self-denying  Nazi Hurensohn who remade himself into a big time Liberal and Antifa.

I regret that you couldn’t have made it to our literature event. We had good scholarly talks; a gent spoke on the diplomacy of Russia, from Friedrich the Great to Angela. Merkel. Another gentleman spoke on China — a rising Pacific superpower.  My speech, in German, was on significant intellectual changes in the USA, the rise of Donald Trump, the Alt-Right, the American Freedom Party, and how changes in the USA will affect Germany’s day-to-day life in the very near future.  Ms. Ursula Haverbeck at the advanced age of 88  gave a 1½ hour non-stop talk, with perfect syntax and no text reading, pointing to some disparities between the famed German Criminal Code # 130 (describing penalties for “Incitement to hatred”) and the famous German GG ( Constitution) Article #5 on free speech (“There shall be no censorship.”), in the best of all the German worlds .

Last but not least, I regret that you couldn’t have come to hear my speech. I would have gladly given you a free copy of my latest book/novella Titans are in Town, with my dedication — for you only.

Sincerely,

Dr. Tom Sunic
(author, fmr US professor, fmr Croat diplomat)
Zagreb, Croatia
www.tomsunic.com
cell. 00385 91 1722 783

Share and Enjoy:
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Google Bookmarks

19 Comments to "Antifa Goat Dancers in the Fairy Tale of Harz: Open Letter to Mr. Bodo Ramelow, Minister President of the State of Thuringia, Germany"

1. Pero Ercegovac's Gravatar Pero Ercegovac
    September 9, 2017 - 8:17 am | Permalink

What a shame the tv cameras were not there. I would have loved to seen the police officers faces, especially the boys from the tactical response units. I have a feeling that with more such ridiculous police interventions, especially in the wake of the Hamburg riots this year, that many a German police officer will soon be turning our way.

• September 10, 2017 - 8:32 am | Permalink

Hello Pero Ercegovac,
      German police is on our side. I am German, and I know my folk. Also we have soldiers (200´000). Also we have firemen (fulltime and leisure time ones, together one million), Technisches Hilfswerk (80´000), Bundespolizei (40`000) and many smaller organisations. All of them are fully staffed (with Germans) and ready to start at any time that the starting signal comes.
      At the time to be (=today) there are multikulti-appeasers at the top, at least they have to pretend to be so. They must obey today to Angela Merkel. But the lower ranks and foot-soldiers are normal Germans. Inside Germany many things are mowing forward towards a very positive side.

To Tom Sunic: Maybe we have met at that very point in the end of Augst 2015. I wish you good sucess!

• Tudor's Gravatar Tudor
        September 11, 2017 - 7:16 am | Permalink

Hard to believe that Angela Merkel, like any other politician, is ruling. It is funny that in few days after a prime-minister/cancelar/president took the office, is announcing complex social, financial, economical programs, when you need couple a days to learn just where the toilets are located in the new building.

• Pero Ercegovac's Gravatar Pero Ercegovac
        September 11, 2017 - 12:49 pm | Permalink

@ Karlfried

Hi back. I am pleased to hear this, I just hope that when the time is right that they will act correctly.

2. m's Gravatar m
    September 9, 2017 - 9:41 am | Permalink

This fake self-denial in the face of the looming crisis in Germany reminds me much of the late American rock singer Frank Zappa — who was very popular in Germany when we were both younger…

I have nothing intelligent to add to this, but do recall being in Germany, in 1974. One of the FM stations featured an unusual mix of tunes…not strictly Top 40 stuff. It was the only time I’ve ever heard Ives’ Unanswered Question followed by the Mother’s of Invention’s Theme From Burnt Weeny Sandwich. ABBA was also in rotation, if you can imagine that. After all these years, just one of those things that sticks in the mind.

3. Jerry's Gravatar Jerry
    September 9, 2017 - 1:24 pm | Permalink

(Mod. Note: comments consisting of only video links, without a personal explanation and reason for posting them, will not be approved.)

4. Jerry's Gravatar Jerry
    September 9, 2017 - 1:32 pm | Permalink

Ramelow

• September 10, 2017 - 7:11 am | Permalink

I’ve always wondered what male prostitutes look like. Now I know.

• September 10, 2017 - 8:31 am | Permalink

I actually can’t believe what I’ve just watched. It looks like a spoof sketch from that 1990s British TV show, Brass Eye. Chris Morris would have a field day with this stuff.

• Tudor's Gravatar Tudor
      September 10, 2017 - 10:58 am | Permalink

These people work for the government, possibly Intel.

5. Jerry's Gravatar Jerry
    September 9, 2017 - 1:52 pm | Permalink
  6. Jerry's Gravatar Jerry
    September 9, 2017 - 2:05 pm | Permalink

Thuringia is a sick part of Germany.
    remember the so called NSU-case.

The “Verfassungsschutz” is Jewish (Stephan J. Kramer) and in bed with anti-white-racist Jewish Stasi-Kahane-foundation.
    The stalinist/communist stasi was led by the Jew Markus Wolf. They call themselves after a negro invader and steal millions of German tax money aggressively against the citizens of Germany.

7. Jerry's Gravatar Jerry
    September 9, 2017 - 2:35 pm | Permalink
  8. Jerry's Gravatar Jerry
    September 9, 2017 - 3:12 pm | Permalink

newest (((tool))) to fight “toxic opinions” in the web

9. Elizabeth's Gravatar Elizabeth
    September 10, 2017 - 2:52 pm | Permalink

Germany can’t claim to have free speech AND be jailing it’s free speakers. The hostile elite must be confronted with this gross contradiction.

10. ex South African's Gravatar ex South African
    September 11, 2017 - 2:49 am | Permalink

Ms. Ursula Haverbeck? I was under the impression that she was incarcerated. What are the facts?

11. September 12, 2017 - 6:35 am | Permalink

If Germany ever needed Hitler it’s now. More than ever, Germany is in desperate need of cleansing of its Jew parasite. Juden Raus!

12. September 14, 2017 - 1:24 pm | Permalink

Marvellous letter, Dr Sunic. Good laugh from beginning to end. Thank you. And the weirdo himself (Minister President of the State of Thuringia!) doing his stuff at the station: If his were a satirical act, I would think it a little over the top. Oh, well. Ade Deutschland.

13. Martin's Gravatar Martin
    September 14, 2017 - 2:53 pm | Permalink

“vox day” discussion with anglin

I doubt the Nazis were “enemies” of the conservatives.
    They used each other in symbiosis against Bolshevism.