CLEMENS & BLAIR, LLC
Call for Contributors
1 November 2020
New anthology book
ESSAYS ON NATIONAL SOCIALISM AND THE THIRD REICH
Thomas Dalton, PhD, editor
In cooperation with Clemens & Blair LLC publishers, we are initiating a new book project, to be comprised of all-new essays related to truthful, objective, and positive assessments of National Socialist Germany and its leading advocates. After decades of false, slanderous, and misleading demonization by mainstream Western press and academia, it is time to present a fair and honest account of the many remarkable accomplishments of Adolf Hitler and his compatriots during the years 1920 (the advent of NS ideology) to 1945.
This book will be a celebration of the victories and triumphs of the Third Reich, in all aspects of society. It has much to teach us in the present day. Despite any shortcomings, NS Germany contained much that should be honored, cherished, and preserved for posterity.
Topics that could be addressed include:
• The historical and philosophical basis for National Socialism.
• NS women’s issues: improvements to their health and well-being, political rights,
• NS health care improvements, health innovations, new medical treatments.
• NS race theory, eugenics, and euthanasia: the true story.
• Technical achievements of NS Germany.
• Social and economic achievements of NS Germany.
• Is there such a thing as “Hitlerism”? If so, what is it? And how does it differ from both Aryanism and National Socialism?
• Hitler and others of the time spoke frequently of the importance of “blood”, meaning roughly, race or ethnicity. Given that we do not use such terminology today, and in light of modern genetics, how might one interpret these ideas of “blood”?
• A nominal “core” of National Socialism: Does one exist? What is it?
• The Jewish Question: What was the true meaning of this?
• Consequential and innovative ideas in the thinking of leading NS intellectuals, such as Joseph Goebbels and Alfred Rosenberg.
Other topics are of course welcome, provided they conform with the general theme of the book.
CLEMENS & BLAIR, LLC
1) To produce a book of high-quality writings—well-researched but lively—on the above issues.
2) To bring truth and insight to a topic drowning in falsehood and slander.
3) To inspire future thinkers and leaders.
4) To bring in and develop new voices and younger activist/scholars.
5) To give an outlet for women contributors, who have often been dismissed or sidelined in
present-day “dissident right” or “alt-right” discussions.
Goal: We hope to collect 15 to 20 high-quality, well-researched essays to serve as chapters in this
book. Writings must be new or significant modifications to previously published on-line essays.
• Prospective contributors may submit an original essay of 5,000 to 10,000 words in length, electronically, as a Word file. (Word count applies to main body text, not notes or bibliography).
• All sources should be identified, using proper academic footnoting. Use in-text citations—e.g. (Dalton 2018: 86-88)—to minimize notes. Use footnotes rather than endnotes. Cite all sources and quotations, but otherwise keep both length and number of notes to a minimum.
• Include a bibliography at the end of the submission.
• All references to Mein Kampf must use the new Dalton translation. References to Hitler and Goebbels on Jewish matters should likewise cite Dalton’s Hitler on the Jews or Goebbels on the Jews.
• The use of pejorative terms like ‘Nazi’ and ‘neo-Nazi’ should be avoided wherever possible, unless required by the context.
Prospective contributors must initially submit (1) a working title, (2) an abstract of the essay (less than 250 words), and (3) a short biography, including publishing history.
• Note: We will allow writers to use pseudonyms, but they must be “real” names, not Twitter handles or cartoon avatars.
• ABSTRACTS AND WORKING TITLES ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.
Send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Final papers due date: 15 June 2021. Earlier submissions are appreciated.
• All submissions must be emailed to: email@example.com
Honoraria: As an incentive, we will provide a $400 honorarium for each accepted essay. But we are unable to award any royalties on sales to contributors, unfortunately.
Thank you for your consideration and prospective involvement in this important new publication!
* * * * * *
Questions or other queries can be directed to the editor, Thomas Dalton: